Carrots are edible root vegetables that consumers enjoy raw or cooked. Unbeknown to several people, carrots are not just another vegetable. They contain a wide range of health benefits. Carrot vegetable oil is ingested and used topically for beauty purpose.
Consumption of carrots and the use of carrots for food dates back centuries ago. Moreover, in temperate regions, carrots are one of the highest grown vegetables of root variety. Cultivators classify carrots into two groups: the Eastern carrots and the Western carrots.
Benefits of Carrot Vegetable Oil
Carrots are rich in Beta Carotene which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidant in carrots contributes to reducing the risk of cancer, strengthening the cardiovascular system, lowering blood pressure, strengthening the immune system, helping with digestion of food, and regulating blood sugar. Beta Carotene transforms into Vitamin A which is a key vitamin for connective tissues. Vitamin A fights oral diseases, gets rid of skin blemishes, hydrates the skin, promotes hair growth. Beta Carotene and Vitamin A have also been associated with helping anemic people and increase energy.
Carrots can also be used to make therapeutic oil. While Beta Carotene works internally to hydrate skin and hair, carrot vegetable oil does the same externally. Carrots are fantastic for skin and body. They help in reducing wrinkles, fine lines, patches, repairs dull and dry skin, and brightens skin. Carotenoids present in carrots work as antioxidants and helps the skin from harmful UV rays and damage caused by Sun. thus carrot vegetable oil can impact in rejuvenating skin and in revitalizing it.
Make you Own Cold Pressed Carrot Oil
- Grate the carrots
- Put grated carrot into one of the clean and dry glass jars
- Pour in oil of your choice (quality pure oil like coconut, sweet almond or olive oil(carrot does not have enough oil on its own) till it gets to the brim. This is important, to prevent air trap inside the jar and making the mixture mouldy
- Tightly cover the glass jar and place in a warm place. Shake the jar at least every day, for about fourteen days. Around this time, the color of mixture should turn orange-ish
- Place sieve or cloth on the lid of the other jar and gently pour the mixture into it.
- Tightly cover the container and store in a cool, dry place
Uses of Carrot oil
People use carrot vegetable oil, on the skin, on its own. As essential oil or serum, It nourishes dry and cracked skin. Also alleviate under-eye wrinkles and lips. Creative minds simply add this oil to other products such as – Shampoo, face creams, cleansers, face mask and so on. The serum contribute to retain keratin on the hair. Thus reducing the occurrence of grey hair.
- Works as an antioxidant and anti-aging.
- Repairs skin and solves skin issues.
- Excellent option to moisture your skin.
- It can also remove tan and bright your skin.
- Excellent for a damaged and dry skin.
- Makes skin firm and young.
- Regulates the production of sebum and balances it.
- Excellent for damaged hair.
- Restores hair (apply on bald patches).
- Conditions your skin and hair leaving it soft and supple.